Sunday, April 12, 2015

My First Blog Conference--LadyBlogger2015

Yesterday, I went to my first blogging conference.  It was great to go somewhere and people know what you are talking about.  We were able to choose what classes we wanted to go to.

The Keynote speaker was Dixie Gillaspie.  She was a very motivating speaker. She spoke to all of us in our hearts at least I believe.  No such thing as can't. Yes, I believe in this. Many bloggers hit resistance with family and friends because they are told they can't make it as a blogger or make money as a blogger.    I never thought of myself as an entrepreneur.  She said the definition is anyone undertakes so I guess I undertake the blog.  The conversation you have with yourself is the most important.
 
The next class I went to was about Photography on the blog.
Compel the Reader to click. Convince the reader to click. Captivate the reader to stay.  Pictures should be story tellers for your blog post.

The next class was about social media.  One must share from your blog post asap.  Share that post on twitter 2-3 times a day then throughout the week then repost in the future on twitter. You are getting different audiences each time.  For instagram, take a picture of the post then share to instagram.

The 10 best practices of business blogging.  One must know what your objective is, who is your audience.  Create a plan for yourself is important.  A blogger must post consistently.  Use original content.  List posts are very popular.  Always remember to promote your posts.  Review your posts and change them a little when sharing them.  The only thing blogging cost you is your time.

How do you get traffic? How do you grow your blog?  We heard about many resources such as hootsuite to share your posts. Mailchimp to send out email subscriptions. Crowdfire or tweepi to manage your twitter account.

I am hoping that I can grow my blog from what I learned at the conference.  I am hoping to go to more blog conferences in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment